This meal is fast and easy to whip up, and has an unexpected boost of probiotics from miso, a fermented soybean paste.
Miso Glazed Salmon with Sesame Zoodles
For the salmon:
- 4 6oz filets of wild-caught salmon
- 2 TBSP white miso
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos (or sub soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the miso paste, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and ginger. Spread evenly on salmon filets. Broil a few inches from the heat source for 6-8 minutes.
For the zoodles:
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 TBSP coconut aminos (or sub soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds and green onion for garnish (optional)
Heat pan to medium heat and add 1 TBSP olive oil. Saute spiralized zucchini for 3 minutes. Mix coconut aminos and sesame oil and add to pan along with shredded carrots and saute for another minute or two. Top with garnish.