This recipe is a ridiculously easy, family-friendly meal that can be adapted based on what you have in your fridge, what’s in season, and your preferences. We eat some iteration of this meal just about every week. Roast extra veggies while you make this to incorporate into meals later in the week!
One-Pan Roasted Vegetables and Sausage
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup of brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- 3 links of chicken sausage, sliced (Aidells is my favorite)
- 3 TBSP of coconut oil, divided
- 1-2 tsp. of all-purpose seasoning (or combine 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, chop the vegetables. Toss sweet potatoes in 1 TBSP of coconut oil, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the rest of the vegetables and sausage with remaining 2 TBSP of coconut oil and add to pan. Sprinkle with seasoning and return to the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes more.